Moving can be overwhelming and stressful. It’s chaos masked by the excitement of relocating to a new place. But still, it is chaos, and it can take away the joy of the process. This is where you need experienced local Brisbane removalists to do the heavy lifting while you move into your new place with peace of mind.
And since you’re here, you’ve already taken that wise decision and may have already searched something like ‘local removalists near me’ on Google. But with so many movers to choose from, it can be a daunting decision to make. So before pulling the trigger on any company, keep the following things in mind for maximum value out of your investment.
5 Practical Tips for Vetting Brisbane Removalists:
1. Do They Specialize in Moving Your Stuff?
Removalists have different moving specialties. Some excel at moving furniture, while some are better at handling high-ticket items like art pieces or vintage pianos. Here are a few things to consider:
· Are you moving from one place to another within your state? Then you need local removalists – they’ll be close to you, which can speed up the process and you wont be charged for extra travel charges.
· Do you need to relocate to another state? Interstate removalists will be a better option. Moving from one state to another requires detailed planning – the right company will simplify the process for you.
· What about packing & unpacking? Do you want to do it on your own, at your own pace, or do you want them to take care of everything from A-Z?
· Do they have the equipment and manpower to handle your valuables like art pieces, collectible items, or large musical instruments? Discuss these items with the moving company; you may need someone specialized in handling special items.
· Do you need to take a small pause during the move and store your belongings somewhere while the building renovations are going on or before a purchase agreement is settled? If so, you’ll need someone having special moving containers or storage facilities.
Many Brisbane removalists take an all-rounder approach and offer all types of services. However, you need someone specialized in taking care of your needs.
2. Ask for Referrals:
The next step to achieving removalist vetting mastery is by asking for referrals. You can know A LOT about a company simply by talking to the people they worked with. It’s the simplest technique to avoid falling victim to a smooth-talking salesman.
Here’s what you need to do; ring them up, and ask for their previous customers’ contact details. If they show reluctance, there’s a red flag right there. They may not have offered a good service to past customers, or most of them at least, so they don’t want them telling you about that.
However, if you do get the details, get in touch, and ask about their experience and things you should be aware of while working with them. This should tell you if a company is worth your time and money.
Tip: Try to get the contact details of customers that got the same service as you; you’ll have a precise idea of what to expect.
4. What’s Their Price Policy?
Some companies work on hourly bases, while others have fixed prices. We suggest avoiding fixed prices because they add a ''risk'' on top of the price making you spend unnecessary bucks out of your bank.
The relocating process has many complications and moving parts (no pun intended), so it isn’t easy to assess the time it will take from start to finish.
Therefore, work with the removalist offering a hourly rate so you can plan your finances accordingly and have peace of mind.
5. Can They Offer a Complete Package?
This one connects to the first point of this selection process. You need to find out what your needs are. If you need more than just transport, work with someone offering all kinds of extras. These can be things like packing your belongings, providing packing accessories if you want to pack yourself, storage options, unpacking and setting up everything in new place.
If you want any of the extras or a complete package, the moving company should be able to offer you one. If they provide a customized package to suit your needs, then it's okay if they charge a little higher than others – they’ll streamline your entire move.
If you’re in doubt about the testimonials from a company’s past customers and want to do some digging on your own, then put your Sherlock hat on and drill deep into the internet. Start from Google, search their name and see what comes up.
You’ll likely see their Facebook profile, 3rd party review sites like Oneflaire, OnefFindamover, Muval and a Google Business profile. Go through the reviews section of all of these platforms and see what people are saying about them.
You can also contact the people who left reviews on Facebook and see what they have to say; this should be enough for some extra due diligence.
We understand that following this process can be time-consuming, but doing a little extrare search now can save you from a world of pain while moving.
ProfessionalBrisbane removalists like Ready2Go can make your home or office relocation process 10x easier and simpler by taking care of all aspects of moving from packing to unpacking and everything in between.